Friday, February 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday: What mama did



Today’s your turn. What did your mama do that makes her your mama? Let’s unpack those memories today. Let’s trace our fingers along the lines of the unexpected. The ordinary beauty in a day of motherhood. The food or the laughing or the dancing or the story telling.
Where is your memory buried?
In just five minutes. Tell me all about what your mama did that made her yours….{and don’t forget to spend some time commenting on the post of the person who linked up just before you}
GO:

My mom.  There's a lot that many people would point to and tell her she did wrong.  She should have made a different decision.  She should have educated herself instead of relying on old wives tales and superstition.  She should have done this or that.  But all that is overshadowed by vivid memories that repeated on a daily basis.

The sun was barely shining when my sisters and I would come dragging out of our respective bedrooms.  We staggered down the hallways in our bed heads and pajamas, as we would head to the kitchen.  

There at the end of the hall where it it split into the living room and kitchen room, sat my momma.  The sunlight from the window enfolded her in it's warmth where she sat.  We shushed each other when we saw her sitting there, her worn green padded fake leather Living Bible open with her copy of "Come Ye Apart".  Momma was doing her morning devotions.  

Over the years she started every day there, with her Bible and God.  She wasn't perfect, but she taught a legacy that was instilled in our hearts...to Love the Lord with all our hearts, soul and mind.  We in turn grew up and became mothers, and sadly I was not consistent to start my day as mom did.  But I pray that when my son looks back upon his child, he still sees a Godly mom.  I hope that my life is a testament to my mother's faithfulness.  I look back and I know this is what momma did right.

No comments:

Post a Comment