|Dr. Charles Lin Puckett|
I want my lipstick to tell everyone in this room, that I think I have a future and I know I will wear lipstick again. But on my terms next time. But for now, I have on war paint, I think I'm ready...If I were awake, I would tell them I will still be a woman. For those who do not believe this, that is why I'm wearing lipstick...I am hopeful and maybe a little sexy. And slightly in control, just knowing that my lipstick might last.
So I am asking all who know me and even you who do not, to wear pink lipstick on July 5, 2012 all afternoon, while I am having surgery. To stand in solidarity with this woman who is going through a momentous change in her life. Help me not feel alone in this war. I will have my pink lipstick on. (They are refusing to let me wear ANYTHING else pink.) Geralyn wore red, and I did for my mastectomy too. But I am all about the rosey pink. I glow in pink, so I have decided that I will wear PINK lipstick and request all my peeps to wear it too. If lipstick offends you, then just wear something pink in my honor. And when you see the pink...please pray for me.
|Dr. C. Linwood Puckett, MD, |
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- For the Lord to give strength to Dr. Puckett as he performs this surgery. I request that the Lord take hold of his hands and they work together. And please Lord, keep in mind that this time I'm talking about CHARLES Lin Puckett....
- not his daughter in law the OB/GYN. (For a short time after Lynn married Dr. Puckett's son, there was confusion. At that time he went by Lin Puckett, because he did not like Charles. He switched to Charles, when women showed up in his clinic for delivery of babies.) I've already made use of HER end of expertise.
- That Dr. Puckett eats a good healthy lunch before my 12:00 pm procedure. Enough to keep him from falling over me from low blood sugar, but not so much he's dozing off in a carb coma
- This is supposed to be outpatient surgery, barring complications. I am rather notorious for complications, so I ask that this REMAINS an outpatient surgery.
- Would it be vain Lord, that I ask that the finished results are kind of nice and pretty? It's okay that they are crisscrossed with scars...I just want them to be the same sizes, the same shapes, on the same side of my body - the front. None that go creeping under the arm pit, try to race to the belly button, or crawl over the shoulder. Can I ask you for a supernatural work of art? Seriously Lord. Pretty?
- And Lord…you create order out of chaos every day. You can create new things just by speaking it. So please consider speaking a little order into my home? I look around and I am OVERwhelmed by the magnitude of chores required to be done by tomorrow night. Okay, yes required is a strong word, but we both know when my home is out of control, I FEEL out of control. That’s not a good combination for recovery, so please grant me endurance and speed with focus so I can plow through these needs.
- I pray that I tolerate surgery well and recover before I feel the need to end the life of my husband or any other loved one. I don't deal well with chaos in the home, so Lord, talking about supernatural works? May the trash that I normally pick up daily..the shoes...the clothes... might I proclaim that they supernaturally find their ways to the proper places.
Okay, Father in all seriousness. All these things are important to me, so I pray you go before me and make the path smooth. Anoint Dr. CHARLES Puckett with more extraordinary skill and expertise as he works to create for me a new pair of foobies. Make sure his hand is steady and his head is clear. I respect him a lot and I believe you brought him to me. So I'm trusting your choice again, and ask you to once again remember that your plans are not to harm me. You said so in your word.
I ask you to anoint me with supernatural healing, that my skin, blood vessels and muscles knit together so quickly and so perfectly that it is incredibly clear to the profoundly stupid that this was wrought by you. And then we give you the glory for my healing. And while I hesitate to say this part, give me patience to wait the three weeks before attempting to shower. You know how I strain to rush ahead. I thank you for the handheld shower head and a smart husband who looks after me. As we go through this ugly part of the marriage covenant - the for worse and sickness part - bless him for his tender and gentle care for me. And I pray you help us figure out how to wash my hair because Lord, be merciful. I was BALD that last surgery so this was not a concern. It is this time and I believe you are as concerned about my little issues as you are my big ones. THREE WEEKS Lord!
I pray that you stay with me and comfort me when I wake up from surgery confused and in pain. Surround me with the Holy Spirit, so I reflect your spirit even in there. I ask you to help me be your hands and your feet to those who will serve me so they see you instead. Bless them for their kindnesses to me. I pray that when I leave that they are moved by your spirit and seek your face.
I know you have the power and I have the will. You have the strength and I know the source. I am covered by the blood of Jesus shed for me and you have called me your beloved. So in that name of Jesus my intercessor, I pray these things. Amen
banner up top right and donating
any little sum of money for the
American Cancer Society. They gave
me so much support when I needed it.
Now I support them.