Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanks giving!

Sometimes I just want to say: "Yep, that is a 1st world problem. We don't feel sorry for you." ` Marcey Combs


I chuckled over this quote that showed up on my facebook wall.  My young friend Marcey was irritated at complaints they were not able to get to shop black Friday sales.  I laughed as my brain began to explode with other example of First World problems crowded into my skull.



stock photo

My dishwasher is broke!

My Mercedes was delivered in the wrong color!

The stores didn't carry the pumps in my size or the color I wanted.


stock photo

There's no ketchup for my french fries!

The ice maker in my fridge is broke!

You put Mayo on my burger when I asked for mustard!


stock photo

Do these jeans make my butt look big?

Some extreme couponer took all my favorite jelly off the shelves.

I'm not drinking any milk with today's expiration date!

Humor me, share some of your examples of your 1st World problems.  Then take a moment to be grateful that you are complaining about such trivial things.  This is my thanksgiving.  I will not point out the state of our nation or how fragile our economy is.  I'm not going to dwell on the changes that may well change our families, our communities and our holidays.  THIS thanksgiving, I am grateful for the blessings I have, so that my complaints and grousing are trivial in nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment