Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Sum of Who You Are

Your past molds who you are, it shapes the person you become. It grows things...good things like compassion, patience, acceptance, perseverance.

Your past does not DEFINE who you are. Not if you refuse to accept it. 

I hate the terms victim or survivor. I am a cancer warrior, not just a survivor 
who has hung up the sword. 

I am not a victim nor a survivor of my past. 
Abuse, neglect, abandonment, poverty, illness, disease, relationships, disappointments,pain...
God has used those to make me strong.
He has REDEEMED all the pain and turned the ashes of my life into works of Beauty.

I am a CONQUEROR! and a WARRIOR! 
I have fought with the past and conquered it.
I fight in the present, to not fall in the battle. 

I ROAR! I am more than the sum of my past!!


 Don't you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now—life for many people.
Genesis 50:20 (The Message)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I have picked up that verse many times to fight, and to remind that I am redeemed!!

    ReplyDelete