Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pink Ribbons Post - Butt Cheek Boogie and other Laughs


Pink Ribbons is a feature series I have started that is posted every week.  I am a Pink Ribbon Warrior, having gone through the chemo, surgery, radiation, the year of waiting and recently stage 2 reconstruction...which I find is really the first of many little surgeries.  I am at a place in my life where I am willing to open my journal from that time and share with you my anger, fears, challenges and pain of finding out you have cancer.  At the end of the post, you will find the links of the previous posts from the most recent first and going back.  This is not current events.  This is me sharing with you from the other side of breast cancer. 

August 8, 2010

I'm sorry, I thought I was going to be able to send out the highlights last night by text to be posted on the bb for me.  My phone is basically dead and I have to get moving quickly on something here at home. But I will post highlights and add detail or ask questions.  KJ and I have to get the house ready for chemo and move some furniture today. Here ya go.


Pet scan machine


Pet scan - traumatic. For someone with slight claustaphobia anyway. I was tied up with sheets to immobilize me and then conveyered into this three feet wide tube. augh. This fellow in the photo is not cold.  They wrap and tie and pin you to that table.  Actually the reason is so you don't move during the scan.  They mummy wrap you and tell you to RELAX!  But when you do relax your muscles, you find you are so tight inside your mummy case, that you don't have to struggle to remain still. Your arms and legs are supported in position by the mummy wrap.  Inch by inch the skinny table you're lying on moves through the big donut.  

At first I had to pray.....Lord don't let this squeeze me to death. I kept repeating under my breath, "My father does not give us a spirit of fear. My God did not give us a spirit of fear.  My God did not give us a spirit of fear..."   It helped and once the thing moved and my head cleared the tube structure, it was better.

 If you tell them you have any claustrophobia at all, they send you in feet first so your head comes out first. 

Then I was okay.

There was music in the background...50's, 60's classic rock and had to keep stopping myself from booging with the music.  At one point the Dude (Mike) asked me  "Ms. Rosey?  Are you flexing your buttocks?" 

Gee is my face red?


"Ummm yes Mike. I'm afraid I was doing a butt cheek boogie to the music".

Who KNEW they would see that?

I heard at least five people in that glass cubicle erupt into laughter while Mike got on the horn...laughing at me mind you... to tell me to try to control myself. As I left, Piper showed up to tell me I could butt cheek boogie on down to the waiting room where my husband was waiting. Will I ever live that down?

-----------------

Fighting Cancer gets a little less scary

 when you find something 
to have a gut busting laugh over!


August 2

While these posts have been copied here intact, it was this day that I found the words of my friends were becoming so precious to me.  So I decided to copy their comments to me as well.

Thanks Tracy, for your gift.  I got the package today.  I like the Snood style hat.  Apparently I need sleep caps and those are the cheapest I have seen.  I'm a little freaked by how the costs are mounting up. Doctors want their full copay in advance.   Ok.  But when they schedule you to see 4 doctors in a week...those copays add up. I wanted several caps and KJ told me I might have to settle for two...one to wear and one to wash.   But the costs are mounting.




It's bad enough to lose your boobs, your hair, your eyebrows and lashes.  Did you realize you even lose the PUBES?  Not that I'm going to miss it that much, leg or pit hair either.  But I feel like I'm losing the Rosey Diva here. sigh sniffle. It's been an emotional day.

Anyone who sees hats, scarves chemo accessories for cheap, please post the link.

Sally: you know, Tina.....they do make wigs for other places than your head.  You could always get a merkin.  lol



Paula:  NEVER!  Your Rosey Diva is mostly your attitude and sense of humor.  {{My Forever Diva friend}}

Rosey:  Sally! You lie. Seriously. I have seen false eyebrows and eye lashes.   But is a merkin what I think you mean?  I have to google that.  And then that begs the question why? lol That's a shave I won't miss.

Sally:  oh yeah, that's what I meant   isn't that hilarious?  merkin  

Rosey:  Oh my goodness. It's true! That was to funny.  Ginny and anyone else who have asked about my favorite colors....of course I love deep ruby red, rosey red and pink. I like black, off white and blues. I love those black yarns that have multicolor specks. And those ombre yarns would make pretty hats too. So ummm... I guess that about covers the color wheel. I guess orange, kelly green and school bus yellow would be nos. lol

 Nell:  that is truly disturbing.......why???? who????....nevermind, i don't really want to go there again! Leave it to you Sally!!!

Paula: Too bad the Merkins are so expensive or you may have received a nice gag gift from me.  lol  Oh and Ewwwwwww!

Sally:  The only reason I know about that is b/c they were featured on Sex and the City, (gross) and I never watched it, but at the time it was on, I was on a huge scrapbook message board and they all started talking about it.  And I just found it hilarious and disturbing 

Danica:  Why did I click that.......ewwwwwwwww gives a new meaning to locks of luv ~ lol





Dealing with cancer is easier with the 

support of good friends.


Pink Ribbon Posts

1 comment:

  1. AH!!!! This made me laugh and I hope that should i ever face the physical trauma's you have I will do it in the EXACT same way!! A MERKIN????? I refuse to google I tell you...I REFUSE!!!

    ReplyDelete