Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 2 challenge - a paragraph.


And here it is.  I posted this on my Women's Bible study group page and got some pretty positive comments.

I am not prepared for this. I never expected to be here. I swipe at the moisture on my face, really irritated that it was there to begin with. I am not comfortable. I can NOT get comfortable! Will this ever end? I’m afraid and I am nervous! How much longer do we have to wait? The pain rips through me again but this time it also brings relief. I can finally take a deep breath. Finally.

I look into my husband’s eyes and I’m stunned by the tears I see. They place the small, flailing bundle onto my chest, and he promptly howls his displeasure of a suddenly cold atmosphere. I look into the scrunched, red, and scraped face. He had quite a journey as well. I am slowing my breathing and trying to calm the storm inside me. Then he opens his wide, blue eyes and it really appears that he locks onto my eyes.

A joy I cannot explain, the rush of emotion I have never felt before explodes inside me. I am a mother! After 9 years of infertility, I have achieved the desire of my heart. As we look in wonder at each other, I know with certainty, I will move heaven and earth to protect my son.

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment